Thursday, November 17, 2011

For you, my readers

Thanks to you guys that commented on whether or not you enjoy watching vlogs. I have to agree with what most of you said- every now and again is ok, but I also really enjoy the act of reading written words. For this post, I will do both, but I am not writing what is in the video, so the video is like a bonus :).

Honestly, I wasn;t even sure if I was going to tell my blog readership about my latest venture. I suppose it is because I am slightly embarresed. It is about weight loss. Big time weight loss. As in... Holy crap, I can't believe I let myself get so fat, and I have no choice but to do somethign about it type of weight loss. I have done a lot of diets in my life. Atkins, South Beach (a few times), Medifast, Nutrisystem (a few times). Most of them worked, but they worked for about 10 pounds, and then, like a slingshot, I went back up and then some (sound familiar to anyone?) I was getting desperate. It is so frustrating to try sooooo hard for sooooo long, only to have the weight come off sloooooowly. After 7 pounds or so, I typically get frustrated and start cheating on my diet. After that happens, boy, look out! I am always sure I "make up for lost time..." if you know what I am saying.

I downloaded the app for www.myfitnesspal.com to my phone. (it is awesome on so many levels, bit the app and the website). It helps you track your foods, calories, and exercise, along with allowing you to (accurately) scan the bar code of almost every food imaginable to make it easier on you. I was on the tail end of a round of Nutrisystem in October, and had lost about 5 pounds. It was nice, but Nutrisystem is not cheap, and the weight, while coming off, was moving slooooowly. I needed a new plan. I needed a bunch of this weight gone to help me feel motivated enough to keep going on my own. I found the HCG Diet. Now, you may have heard of the HCG Diet, you may not have. I did a lot of research on it and decided to give it a try. It is not really a system that you go out and buy from 1 place, but if you actually want to know about it, feel free to comment, and I will tell you about my experience. All in all, however, I am thrilled with it. I started the diet on Halloween (yup- you read that right- no candy!) and I am down 12 pounds and 23" on this, my 18th day. WOW. Like WOWOWOWOW. I am impressed! Looking forward, I have a plan for my continued weight loss, and man am I jazzed about it!

So, here comes my vlog. It is regarding the HCG diet, and I think it accurately depicts my personality, for those of you that are curious! It was recorded yesterday :)

7 comments:

  1. Well, Im still not a vlog fan, but I gotta admit it was pretty nice to see your smiling face, and I giggled a bit (ok, more than a bit at the end!!) so thanks :) Im glad you are feeling so great about your 2 new diet tools. Oh, did you know you can put a button on your blog from mfp that tracks your weight loss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable! I loved the vlog. Congratulations on your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I loved your vlog! Very adorable! The end made me giggle and I look forward to the next. Congratulations on the weight loss! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was very entertaining!
    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, even Muppets have a conscience when it comes to Marriage Equality. Sweet and Funny. http://youtu.be/AQh5G8mOiSA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lyn....Boy it's been years since I logged into Blogger..It's Gia...
    But I had to comment on your this post.... I've done Hcg as well
    find me on youtube under " TheQuickTrimGirl" I'm fitting to start again soon.....

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin