Sunday, November 17, 2013

My Life is Amazing

15 months later. Yes, 15 months. I find it hard to believe that it has been so long since I last blogged. My life has had many twists and turns, ups and downs, lefts and rights since I blogged last back in August of 2012. It is now November 2013. Holy crap.

Well shit, where do I start???

I used to blog often. I blogged about my kids, my house, my life, my crafts. Then, I grew sour on Seattle and we moved to MA. I started on my HCG diet journey in an effort to decrease my size-physically. I had grown much too large for my health. The HCG protocol worked wonders for me over 7 months. I was able to decrease my weight and increase my health greatly over that time. I have metabolic disorder. For those of you that have not heard of it, it is (among other things) characterized by a heavy mid-section or "apple shape" It is no good for my heart, or for potential future diabetes. I had to take action for myself and my family. It worked well. I vlogged on YouTube a ton during that time. That time spent there meant that I no longer had the time to blog. We were also in the middle of moving. During the move I gained a bunch of weight. After moving, I was able to get the weight off again.

The last you heard from me, I was about to move out of our  corporate housing, and into an apartment. With 2 kids. After moving across the country. Can you say stress??? I ate myself back to my previous weight- yes I am an emotional eater... My kids missed their friends, I missed my friends, we had to get the kids into preschool on ridiculously short notice... We made it work. The kids went to summer camp and seemed happy. Due to the stress, my hair started falling out and so I chopped it all off...



The apartment was beautiful- an old paper mill-turned-apartment building. We spent 8 months there. It was a fantastic 8 months. We loved the apt and the neighbors. Let's not forget the mailman- he rocked my socks...
Check out those brick walls, ceiling beams, and wood floor! We loved it. We didn't love moving from 2.400 square feet to 1,000, but with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, we made it work. The kids did well sharing a room and it was nice to live in the community there. We put the kids into a preschool together and it worked out well. It wasn't perfect, but it worked out. We were itching to move, however. We were ready to set down roots again. We started house hunting in Feb 2013. By March we had found an amazing home and won the bidding war. Then began the 3 month wait until the close on the house. The previous owners had kids in school and wanted to wait until the summer to move. We were cool with that. We moved on June 29th to our gorgeous new home. Mindi and I still walk around the house, now, almost 5 months later, saying "oh my God, I can't believe this is our house". It is truly amazing- the best home we have ever had. There is a huge yard for the family, fully fenced- the neighbors are amazing too- they are the "bring homemade brownies to the door" kind of folks. We have an amazing babysitter that lives right next door and the school is incredible. This year, our oldest, Harris, entered Kindergarten. He is loving it and his favorite thing of the day is the school bus ride home. Stella is in her second year of preschool and comes home with interesting stories every day. To say that we are happy is the understatement if the century. To say that we are busy is also the understatement of the century. AS much as I could go on and on, I will give you some other highlights in list form...

1. June 21, 2013, on our 10 year anniversary, Mindi and I were officially and legally married.
2. After living in our house for 5 months, we still have no furniture in 2 rooms (formal living and dining room) but I have (single hand-idly!!!) painted and decorated Harris' bedroom, Stella's bedroom, and the guest room, bought a couch and a chair, painted all the main doors black, painted 75% of the gold doorknobs black, painted the entire kitchen (cabinetry).
3. I went back to school and became a licensed esthetician
4. We collected (and love) 5 guinea pigs and 2 dogs.

I am hoping that I will find some time to post stories and pictures of all of these things.

Now that Google Reader is gone, I am at a loss... what feed reader do you guys use now??? I am looking for my next fix!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I saw the esthetician part, and was wondering how you've been faring here in the bay state. I hope we will get to see glimpses of that new best-home-ever... :) As for blogs, feedly is my choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you pop up on my blog feed (Feedly is my choice too, by the way.) It really does sound like things are fabulous in your life. Congratulations on all of the lovely developments in your life. Looking forward to seeing more from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, hi!! We moved too, from outside of DC to the gulf coast of FL. So great to hear from you and so happy you've landed and made happy roots. I use Feedly.

    ReplyDelete

You know I love to hear from you- thanks for leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin